Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pictures of Bonaire

I smile every time a client asks me if I am based in the Caribbean. I reply that no, my office is a sunny space in suburban Atlanta, but my mind drifts to the dream office I created in my head over 11 years ago when I started selling Caribbean vacations. While the furniture and location have slightly changed over the years, for the most part my vision is still the same... dark mahogany floors, fresh tropical flowers in large ornate vases, a huge whitewashed desk placed directly in front of french doors thrown open to take in a wide view of the Caribbean sea... While my daily view is not yet the Caribbean Sea in real form, I am very appreciative that many of my clients share their vacation pictures with me and allow me to spend the bulk of my day staring at pictures of the region I love so much. I never tire of the turquoise seascapes, iridescent reflections of tropical fish, bright pastel paint splashed on quaint cottages. Sometimes, pictures cross my desk that take my breath away and make me want to BE THERE NOW! Such was the case with the pictures the Bidwells shared with me after their recent vacation in Bonaire. Enjoy!


The clarity of the water is legendary!

More Arizona than Caribbean? I agree!

The deep sea is a welcome respite to days spent exploring the dry, arid landscape. Bonaire is often ranked one of the top dive destinations in the world!

The wildlife extends above the water.

Amazing contrast found on every Caribbean island.

The nighttime is just as dramatic.

Nothing ends a Caribbean day better than a perfect sunset...