Friday, September 4, 2009

Soggy Dollar Bar - Jost Van Dyke


If I could I would BE HERE NOW! I'd pack a bag consisting only of flip flops, bikini, a tunic or two, cut-off jean shorts circa 1989, sunscreen, big sunglasses & hat, and trashy celeb magazines. I'd plant myself on Jost van Dyke for the weekend. I'd sleep here & spend my days soaking up rays and sipping painkillers at the Soggy Dollar Bar.
.

Sometimes, I just want to get away to place where I don't have to "dress" for dinner or schedule appointments of any kind. Where tank tops and shorts are just fine. Jost van Dyke, and especially the Soggy Dollar, is that kind of place... where rank and title are left on the boat and only the unpretentious true lovers of the Caribbean make it ashore. Next time you visit the BVIs, join the Painkiller Club.