Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spice of India, St. Lucia - Restaurant Review

It's no secret that I love Indian food. It is my ultimate go-to comfort food. This has something to do with the fact that Indian cuisine is a party for the senses... the deep smells of at least a dozen fragrant spices blending together, the rich taste of creamy curries... from the first bite of crunchy salty papadam to the sweet smoothness of my finale of preference; cardamon rice pudding, the smells, tastes, and textures of Indian food keep every meal exciting. 

I tend to seek out Indian Restaurants no matter where I am in the world. My Babymoon Vacation to St. Lucia in March was no exception. {I learned early on in my pregnancy that my twins had no aversion to spicy Indian food - for that I was thankful.}



While in St. Lucia, we were lucky enough to spend a few wonderful meals with the very engaging Chef Orlando from the famed Dasheene Restaurant at Ladera Resort. It was at his suggestion, that we met up for dinner at Spice of India in Rodney Bay. The meal was divine! The master chef takes full advantage of all of the fresh local ingredients St. Lucia has to offer. Being known as an island of spice, the fresh spices made a noticeable difference to familiar recipes.



I highly recommend Spice of India next time you visit St. Lucia. Find them on Facebook for their latest news.

Are you ready to start planning your St. Lucia Vacation? St. Lucia has dozens of wonderful hotels & resorts. There are two airports on the island. The northern airport is best served by American Airlines and the southern airport is served by all other major carries, including Delta Airlines. Drop us a line with the details - we'd be happy to help you plan! 

Enjoy,