Thursday, June 19, 2008

Keepin' it Real - Pictures from Jamaica

Most of my clients know I am comfortable on any island, tromping through the rain forest sans guide, or mingling with the locals at the city markets or listening patiently to hour-long fish tales at rustic beach bars. (All this adventure is tolerable because I know the splendid bed on which I will rest my head come night...) While the majority of my clients still prefer the safety of their resort and organized tours only, some are brave enough to venture out and really get to know their island hosts. With this in mind, I would like to share a really neat website I found: Pictures of Jamaica. While some of the pictures document the poverty and crime that are a reality on ANY island, most showcase off-the-beaten path spots of paradise that the island offers. Please view with an open mind. Enjoy!