Thursday, November 6, 2008

India Hicks and Why I Adore Her

India Hicks is one-part fashion model, one-part author, and likely by way of inherited talent one-part interior decorator... but I think she is 100% FABULOUS! The daughter of celebrated decorator David Hicks, Ms. Hicks was likely raised surrounded by beautiful things. She has managed to fuse this connection to beauty with the Caribbean Islands and make her name synonymous with some of the best the region has to offer.

A magazine worth craving and collecting, Domino, visited Ms Hicks at home in the Bahamas last year and took these photos:



This book is one of my favorites. The pages are almost falling out as it has been a trusty reference as I try to incorporate the simple, chic beach look into my own nest. Ms. Hicks has another book about island beauty. I have seen it, but for my island beauty fix I turn to the line she created for Crabtree & Evelyn... India Hicks Island Living Body & Home Collection.
Splurge! Three-wick candles are a must if you really want to rock your atmosphere with three times the aroma! This lovely floral Causarina Candle does the trick and then some. The best $80 spent recently! (I will now find out if my husband reads this blog...)
I miss, miss, miss the Caribbean constantly and enjoy items that bring a little bit of the Caribbean into my Atlanta life. The rich and warm scents of this Spider Lily Body Wash remind me of my favorite times in the tropics.

NEWSFLASH - Crabtree & Evelyn recently launched India's newest collection, India Hicks Island Night and therefore the Island Living Collection is on SALE on HERE! (Just in time for the holidays...)


And then there is
The Landing, a true Boutique Hotel on the Northeast Coast of Eleuthera. All 7 of the hotel's rooms were designed by Ms. Hicks. The hotel is easy to get to with daily flights from Miami to Eleuthera - but still far enough away from it all...

Contact ME if you want to spend your next vacation HERE!