Monday, November 10, 2008

The Tides Zihautanejo

This is where we spent our days, The Tides Zihuatanejo. It is a 5 star resort that Travel & Leisure included in their 2008 List of Top 100 Hotels and Conde Nast included in their 2008 Top 15 Latin American Hotels... justifiably so! We had an amazing time enjoying their top-rate cuisine and impeccable service. Ronaldo, our beach attendant and waiter arranged a table on the beach adjacent to our palapa, complete with linens and high chairs for the little ones:

The beach at The Tides is perfect - white sand and swaying palms, lush loungers and thick palapas complete with little flags to raise and alert your attendant that you are in need of a cool drink or fresh order of guacamole:
On our last day, I traded in this view:
For a quick tour of the property. This is no high-rise hotel, 3 levels max and all painted in muted Mexican colors to contrast the plethora of bright green palms and other tropical foliage:

I love that even the entry level room category comes complete with semi-private veranda, table for al fresco dining, and hammock:
But I wanted to see the finer rooms and made my way to a Penthouse with this fabulous bed:
And super-chill, super-large veranda with plenty of room for lounging and taking in the views:
That is, if you weren't enjoying the refreshment of your own private infinity pool:

Off to see more of the common areas. These bar stools are the most innovative I've ever seen:

All the polished wood had me giddy and excited:

The serene vibe in the spa, and AMAZING SMELL, awakens your senses so you can take in the cool Moroccan decor:
A few of my favorite architectural details... this is the silent fountain that welcomes you in the lobby:
I love, love, love this chandelier in the beach restaurant:

These little dreams kept appearing everywhere:

And the only downside is this, possibly my least favorite view... but sans ship it is AMAZING and the kids, well, they liked watching the ship come in and out...
Let me know if I can help plan your next Mexican Vacation to the Tides Zihuatanejo!