Friday, April 17, 2009

The Hermitage Plantation Inn, Nevis

It's no secret that I love old things... when I see the words "flea market" or "antiques" on roadside signs... my heart rate increases and it takes serious self control to stay on my intended course. Obviously, the old homes of the Caribbean give me great joy! I've been known to stray from many intended courses in the Caribbean and pull over to explore ruins of great houses or sugar mills... So it is with great joy that I introduce you to The Hermitage Plantation Inn... one of the oldest hotels on the isle of Nevis and one of the oldest Caribbean homes.
Dine on antique china... seated on a gingerbread terrace... in the evening breeze...
Enjoy hours of conversation... sip rum recipes passed down for a few hundreds years... and watch the setting sun cast long shadows across the antique oriental rugs...
Dream in a four poster bed... the real thing... there are no replicas here...Let the bright yellow shutters of the stable house catch your eye and warm your soul... time and time again...
Wander the mature tropical gardens on your way here... and there...
Yes, I mentioned gingerbread...
The beach isn't too far away... and the cool pool is even closer...

Nevis awaits... to welcome you!