Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Make A Difference - Integrity Children's Fund

This one is close to my own heart. I love children... and if it weren't for the realistic reminders from my husband, I would adopt as many as I could fit in my house. So this charity for the children of Jamaica is special to me and I hope it will become so to you too.


Many of my clients ask me for ideas on ways to help, ways to give back to the island nations we all enjoy. We are all touched by the poverty that is evident outside the gates of the pristine resorts. There are dozens, if not hundreds of charties but it is often hard to know who to trust and where to give. Well, I give you my word your dollars will make a difference with the Integrity Children's Fund. My word because I am lucky enough to personally know the president, Mr. Karl Chambers, and his family.

While I was only introduced to the works of Integrity recently, I have heard of their stellar reputation for many years. Funded primarily by donations, the group does put on a few benefits a year and most recently hosted one in the Atlanta area headlined by the lovely Ms. Judy Mowatt. (Yes, I was star struck when meeting her. She has the voice of an angel! And yes, I did feel very blessed to sing Christmas Carols with her at Mr. Chamber's party... I didn't really sing though - not good at that - but none of this is the point. The point is to please give to this GREAT organization!)

The work the Integrity Children's Fund has done for Jamaica is outstanding. With a focus on education as THE necessary tool to further a nation, a people, and to provide hope for the children behind the smiles... Please, please read more about this wonderful group and donate to their amazing cause!

Enjoy these pictures from the Joytown School located in Trench Town - the impoverished area of Kingston, Jamaica made famous in the songs of reggae artists:


And from Peter's Rock Preperatory in the hills above Kingston:

Both school receive funding from Integrity! So please donate and help a very worthy cause! Donation page is
here... and waiting!