Saturday, May 9, 2009

Missing Email Alert

Ok, boring techy story for you.

Over the last few months my main laptop has been sick. The symptoms were simple - no wifi. It's funny how accustomed we become to tapping away where ever we want whether in one's favourite chair, lounging on the sofa or even in bed (and no, not telling which post that was).

After trying re-installing drivers bla bla tried got a new wireless card which was just as bad as the old one. In the end put it in to a workshop that said it was a hardware fault that would require a new motherboard, costing more than the value of the laptop itself.

So have just bought a wifi express card and bob is your uncle (or not, depending upon who you are) I'm tapping away again feet up on a full sized keyboard rather than RSI inducing intsy weany netbook.

But, and this is the point of this diversion, while the main laptop was out I've let the email stack up and this week it hit the ISP's limit and so emails have... it's going to be hard to say it for an online junky like me.... they have gone missing!

There, I've said it. But of course I don't know who emailed me and whether it was important. Hopefully if it was they'll email again and I can check a few of the likely suspects, but its slightly unnerving.

What you need is a like status flag for email so people know there's been a problem - something like the status on social networks. Alas my presence on Facebook and Twitter amounts to little more than a test login for both.

However what I do have is blog!

So if there is anyone who a) has emailed me in the last few days and b) reads this blog - I have a message for you: Please send the email again!