Monday, March 1, 2010

15 Prettiest Island Rooms

My days are hectic at this time of year. It seems everyone is waiting longer and longer before taking the plunge and booking their warm weather getaway and I have to scramble to keep up and secure last minute space at often near capacity hotels. Some days it gets to be too much. I spin my chair around, away from the bright computer screen and glance out the window at the lake behind my house and I wonder why I ever changed course from med school to travel consultant? Que??? I never let these thoughts take up too much space in my brain before I close my eyes and envision a room just as this... A breezy, clutter free, escape bathed in white linen with little splashes of tropical color. Yes, one day all this selling of travel will pay off and I will have my own little private escape. In the meatime, thank goodness for sources such as Coastal Living and their lovely little collections of rooms just like this: