Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Choices Choices

Tillerman has recently posted about his decisions... which was an impressively long list and all to be resolved within a week! No wonder he retired to bed to think them through.

I've been wondering about something too: what to do this year? More offshore racing? More kayaking? More dinghy sailing? More power boats? More motor cruisers? More putting my feet up and watching others?

An unpredictable work life means I find it quite hard to plan ahead except to say no. So when was prompted to have the annual "shall I do Antigua week?" thought it only lasted as long as it took me to work out it would be just as a project we've just started on is planned to go live. Hmmm.... that might not impress the client.

Then when was asked whether would be interested in going skiing the answer was of course yes, until worked out it was the week of acceptance testing. Hmmm.... that might not impress the development team either.

I guess it will be another of those wait and see years.