Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Views of St. Lucia

I fell in love with St. Lucia all over again on my recent "Babymoon" vacation. My last visit to St. Lucia was 10 years ago and since then, I've experienced many more islands. I know I tend to say this every time I come home from an island... but St. Lucia truly is one of my favorites. It has everything I would want in an island...

Bright, colorful seaside towns....

Beautiful churches full of voices lifted in song...

Easily the most dramatic coastline in the Caribbean...


St. Lucia also surprised me because of how clean it is. We rented a car and drove around daily. We didn't spot a single piece of trash on the side of the road... no overflowing trash bins. We were amazed and praised the local people for having such a strong pride in their beautiful island...

The bustling seaport town of Castries was pretty by day and night...

The local market made me wish we had access to a kitchen. How I would love to shop and fill my market basket with a rainbow of fresh local produce and see what delicious meal I could create...

It was a wonderful trip and I simply can't wait to return...

You may view more of my views of St. Lucia here.

If you'd like more information on where to stay, please contact me for full St. Lucia Vacation details.

Flights to St. Lucia are somewhat more expensive than to other islands. However, if you book far enough in advance, you can still secure a deal. Check out American Airlines because they service both airports on the island and tend to have the best rates.

Enjoy,