Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What to eat and what to do in ANGUILLA!

{One of the prettiest settings in the Caribbean @ the Straw Hat}

If I could fly anywhere in the Caribbean... just to eat.... it would be to Anguilla. That is the one island where I've never had a bad bite! Restaurants come and go - but right now, here are my favorites:
Jacala - great for lunch, upscale but mellow with a priceless view.

Smokeys - great for lunch, live music, cool mix of locals + tourists. (Remember my last visit to Smokeys?)

Blanchard's - I think this is the only one you will need reservations for as it is considered the "best" restaurant on the island by many.

Straw Hat - Reservations might be a good idea here too.

I also suggest going to the Viceroy for sunset cocktails at their amazing sunset bar - the architecture of this hotel is stunning. 

What to do in Anguilla? Enjoy these Anguilla Activities:
For a night out, visit Elvis' Bar in Sandy Ground - a great mix of locals + tourists... very low key, toes in the sand sort of evening, live music, and will give you a good glimpse at the local scene.

Take a day trip to Silly CayOr to Sandy Island.

Here are a few more ideas on the Anguilla Tourist Board website.


ZaZaa is my favorite boutique on the island. Shop on!