Sunday, February 14, 2010

Healing Hotels of the World

Finally... a hotel consortia I can relate to 100%. My very first job was as spa cordinator at the Arizona Biltmore Resort. Being there was zen and I learned so much about the importance of taking care of myself inside and out. If ever there was a reason to travel, for me it would be to heal. To release the stresses of my busy day-to-day life and to dig deep down to my core and find my center. Namaste.

The Healing Hotels of the World is an exclusive partnership of hotels, resorts, and retreats offering holistic health in luxury surrounding. 



Four of my favorite hotels are in the group:



 



{The first time I visited Tabacon, I arrived on the back of a Harley Davidson, my head spinning with uncontrollable fear. It was my first time on a motorcycle and what an introduction! If you've driven from San Jose to Tabacon/Arenal, you know what I am talking about. More curves than not, more potholes per mile than anywhere I'd ever been, add a random cow or two, and a few over crowded buses barreling down the mountain in the opposite direction, and you see can imagine the state I was in. However, all of that fear, and the stress than came with me packed in my luggage from the US, dissolved within a few hours of soaking in their incredible hot springs and gazing up at Arenal glowing in the low light. Bliss.}