Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Latin Caribbean Food Guide

The About.com network is a great resource for just about anything. They have hired experts in almost every field and given them their own platform to share knowledge, attracting a loyal following. I cruise About.com from time to time, checking for news from the Caribbean. Tonight I stumbled upon Hector Rodriquez's About.com Latin Caribbean Food Guide... on an empty stomach, so of course I am smitten!

I love plantains any which way you serve them to me, so I am sure the Jibarito would hit the spot right about now:


Sangria is a staple in our house during the hot summer months, but I've never considered using tropical ingredients such as rum & mango like this 'Sangria Criolla'... delicious!


Photos from here & here. I'll let you know how we enjoy the Sangria in a few weeks!