Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How to get to Anguilla?

Most of my clients ask "How do we get to Anguilla?" before we even begin looking at Anguilla accommodation options. 

American Eagle does fly directly into Anguilla from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Flight times are limited and the price is high. This leads most visitors to fly into St. Maarten, and take a ferry or small plane over to Anguilla.

{The view from my June ride on GB Express!}

My preferred ferry provider is GB Express. They are very reliable and reply quickly to any questions you might have. Recently, I booked a clients to spend a week on Anguilla and a week on St. Barths and GB was able to assist me in coordinating the Anguilla ferry with the St. Barths ferry and made my job so much easier! {Thank you, Cara!} Rates for GB Express start at $35/per person, each way. Click here to view their schedule. 

I usually recommend my clients take the ferry one direction and if they can afford it, fly another direction. {as long as you aren't afraid of small planes} On my recent trip, I few with Anguilla Air Services and they too were super reliable and helpful. Rates start at $80/per person, each way. Check out their schedule here.

I highly recommend a small plane transfer because it will double as a sightseeing tour and give you a bird's eye view of the Caribbean. Below is one of my favorite shots - and click here for more. Stay tuned - I'll be posting a video of my flight soon! 


As a full service travel company, all of our agents at CaribbeanJourney.com are able to book your entire vacation package to Anguilla - international airfare to St. Maarten, ferry and/or small plane charter, and resort or villa accommodations. Just another reason why you should use a Travel Agent.

 We look forward to hearing from you! 866-236-1924 or info@caribbeanjourney.com 

Happy travels,