Friday, August 26, 2011

Finding things

All week I've been finding things by the Thames bank. Not another gun - like the one above - but still interesting things.

Last weekend I did another of those Thames 21 river foreshore clean up events. There was a rather exciting moment in the safety briefing when they got to the point about how "last year someone even found a gun" at which point I raised my hand and said "that was me - I was the one who found the gun" (for some reason in the style of Jeremy Clarkson - not sure where that came from).

In the actual clean up found lots of junk where Beverly Brook meets the Thames including one very wet mobile phone. So if you had a Nokia on a Vodafone contract and lost one, well don't ask me as I gave it to Thames 21 who probably gave it to the PLA.

Then going for a mid week run along the Thames Path I found a Lloyds Bank cashpoint card half way between Putney and Hammersmith Bridges. Again if you lost one don't ask me as I handed it in to a couple of Police Officers I found further up towards Putney.

Finally today I found two bank notes - rather damp in the afternoon rain but still very usable. These two I do still have so if you have lost some money let me know what denomination and where they were lost.

But there is of course the question as to what the right response should be - so bloggers out there, what do you do when you find money?


Updated: after the Thames Festival Lady Daphne trip I got on the tube at Tower Hill and found something else - an Alcatel mobile phone! It was on a District line train heading to Wimbledon and was handed in to London Underground staff at Embankment.